The Beth Din of America has published the first issue of its new journal, in collaboration with the Rabbi Norman Lamm Yadin Yadin Kollel at the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary (RIETS) of Yeshiva University. The new Journal of the Beth Din of America contains articles on Jewish jurisprudence and beit din practice, with a particular emphasis on the policies and practices of the Beth Din of America. Each issue of the Journal includes anonymized versions of actual din torah (arbitration) decisions issued by the Beth Din of America.
The first issue of the Journal includes the following articles:
- The Prenuptial Agreement: Recent Developments, by Rabbi Mordechai Willig
- Jewish Law, Civil Procedure: A Comparative Study, by Rabbi Yona Reiss
- The Prohibition Against Going to Secular Courts, by Rabbi Yaacov Feit
- Understanding Rights in Context: Freedom of Contract or Freedom From Contract?, by Rabbi Michael J. Broyde and Steven S. Weiner
- Recovering the Costs of Litigation in Beit Din, by Rabbi Shlomo Weissman
The issue also contains Beth Din decisions regarding defective merchandise and hasagas gevul (unfair business competition).